Skip to main content

2009 and a Half

Hi Folks,



Here, I come up with another post, after a terrific blow I had from my dear friends who knew very well that I am not worth writing facts finding it. Still, they are having grudge on me for writing that post. I don’t mind though.. Anyways, here comes one more effective post. Some may think that its about them it has been potrayed, some may abuse me for stealing the story of theirs. But, fact is everywhere this is what happening. You copy, you get praised. Now, lets get back to what I am actually upto.



One sunny, yep.. its Chennai.. Ofcourse, it will be sunny.. Right.. One sunny early morning around 9am, a 21yrs old boy fully into a book called “Mobile Communication” by Bakshi. Background was a song from the tamil film Vaazhve Maayam - the lines goes like this.. “NAADAGAM VIDUM NERAM DHAN UCHA KAATCHI NADAKUDHU MA, MEDAI IRANGAVUM VESHAM KALAIKAVUM NERAM NERUNGUDHUMA….” Yes.. Situational song. The one reading the book was my friend Barani and the one singing the song would be.. yep yo got it… Its me.. It was around 9.50 am and we were into COPYRIGHT RESTRICTED ZONE.. Adhanga Examination hall… 10am everyone got Question paper. Till 10.30am, I was reading all the questions in question paper. WoW.. I know 3 full questions. Two 2 marks question and one 16 mark question. Then till 11am I was thinking what all questions shall I attend. Finaly, I started writing with great speed. I was writing writing writing writing till 11.30am. My hands started paining and my ink got over. So, I could not finish my paper and had to leave the hall. It was April 21,2009. That was my last exam of my engineering career. Results were announced in May,2009 and I was an Engineer officially. After seeing my results, Dad asked me “EPDI DA PASS AANA? “ I said “ EVALO VATI KETALUM INDHA KELVIKU MATUM ENKITA BADHILE ILA PAA….. “



Now sad scene. I felt bad for the first time in my lifetime for keeping fullstop to college life. How wonderful it was. Awesome class. Wonderful friends. Best lecturers. Tension-free life, one side love, double side love, teasings, sharings, sessions, labs, exams, practicals, punishments, only happiness was our taste of life. Podhu makkale thapa nenaika vendam.. I didnt feel bad really, not even a single bit. Infact I was the happiest one to leave college. Ena pandradhu cinema layu masala kekaranga, vaazhkailayu masala kekaranga.. Naalu fight, naalu song, naalu centiment scene, naalu comedy scene venum nu makkal pidivaadham pudikaranga.. Song, fight la vaka mudiyadhu.. Adhan centiment scene. Aye kadha mukiyam ilanga… No story needed. Adhan indha centiment scene.



May was the first month I spent more time at my home after a very long time, after I joined L.K.G I didnt get enough time to stay with my parents you know. May,2009 was the happiest month in the year 2009 1/2. My parents were happy. I was happy. My job that time was helpin my mom in kitchen, giving company to my mom in watching mega-serials, noon time naps. Helping my dad shave his beard, reading newspaper for him, dropping my sister and dad in their office and picking them up. Oops. My bro-in-law will be angry if I didnt mention him. Making his lunchbox ready, dropping him in his office and picking him back from office. My mom said ” You are very helpful and kind hearted. Lucky to have a child like you”.



June, the same continued with extra work. Downloading movies and watching it with my family, alone and with friends sometime. Routine job continued. No change. At the end of the month dad said ” What you gonna do in life?” First strike for me. Hands became stiff, nerves started protruding… Good taste of masala vadai.. Amma, dho vandhuten..



July, I was really busy because month by month extra burden, lots of responsibilities. Had to manage the previous works plus had to accompany my online friends in GAMING. Co-Op games. yeah… Very busy. My friends who got placed in good companies, called me and verupethified me and my parents. They made my parents blood raise. End of month sister said “Ne urupuda maata, olunga veli ooruku poi vela thedu. Apa dhan kashtam na ena nu theriyum.” Second strike. Waited for masala vadai smell, waited for oil bubbling sound… But, this time its train sound. Cut pana Arvind travelling to Bangalore in Bangalore Mail. Background song, ” ORU SOORAVELI KILAMBIYADHE.. RAJA THAANDAVAM THODANGIYADHE…. “ .



August, October, November, December in the year 2009 1/2 was really amazing months.. Spent daytime again with system and system only. No one to question me, lolz. Sola pona Raaja Vaazkai. Spent night time with a gang of guys who doesn’t know what TAMIL is. Lolz. yeah.. Everyone are from Andhra Pradesh Elugundala vaada venkataramana Govinda… I was like you know.. mouth locked. Namaku Engilipish arivu vera kammi dhana.. Ena nan soldradhu.. I walked telugu, I talked telugu, I sleeped telugu, I watched telugu, I lived telugu. Mind people all these happened in Bangalore, Karnataka, where they talk sleep watch live Kannada. December end, those who helped me in Bangalore said ” Dhandasoru saaptadhu podhum.. Ne ooruku kalambu, Kaathu varatum..” Third strike. This time its not masala vadai, its paayasam.. Aamanga AMMA laya… Pulaya pathu romba naal aagudhu nu vada payasathoda saapadu.



January,2010. Vaazkaila maraka mudiyadha naal. Enga appa ena thorathi thorathi adika, oore paatha naal. He he he.. Aamanga.. Endha appa ku dhan kovam varadhu.. I decided many things that day. 1st to get a good job, next munadiye vela kadacha ela friends ku revit adikardhu.. Revit.. revit you don’t know. Long nail keeping and striking with big hammer. Nembi la eduka mudiyadhu.. Yes. Sadha Arvind turned into Super Arvind. Started searching jobs. Registered in all possible jobsites. Applied even for stone breaking job. Adhanga kal udaikara vela. Mom said ” Oru maasam dhan, adhuku aparam na soru poda maaten” . Manasu valichudhu… :)



Feburary,2010. I roamed like a stray dog in all possible roads of Chennai, attended interviews in all possible companies. Edhukaga.. To earn money ? To gain status ? Nope. Moonu vela veetla soru kadaikanum nu… To get food 3 times a day in home. Hmmm.. Naanu eradha kolam ila… Pogadha kovil ila… Vendadha dheivam ila.. Oruthan vela tharala… Epdi tharuvan.. Interviewer will ask ” What you did these 9 months? “. I would say ” I don’t Know “. He would say “ Get out “. I would say ” I don’t care”. I will come home with all sadness and say ” Indha interview vu poiduchu, pasikudhu.. saapadu podunga”. My family members in group will shout “I don’t care”.



March,2010. I was in the middle of deep sea. No lifeboats, no life jackets, not even a TITANIC figure with me. I was all alone trying to swim. Ana namaku dhan swimming varaadhe. I was about to sink, apa oru kai ena kai koduthu thookudhu. Adhu dhan Cognizant. Anga oru song vakarom. “KODUKATA KODUKATA KOLKATA LA VELA ONU KODUKATA”. Paatu mudinja udane, cut pana Written Test. Questions ah paathu naan muzhika, question paper ena paathu kaari thupa oru vazhiya pass paniten. Next day technical round. “Aravind Raj” nu oru kural. I went inside. 20 minutes.. Moochu thenara thenara kelvi ketaaru. Mudinjudhe nu nambi ezhundha inoru 25 minutes. Avarala evalo kelvi keka mudiyumo avalo kelvi ketaaru. [Seperate Voice:Ungaluku kovam varala] Kelvi kekum podhu HR sonaaru evalo ketalum thaangaran da ivan romba nalavanu oru vartha solitaaru… Naanu evalo neram dhan answer therinja mariye nadikardhu…Oru vazhiya finished technical round. Next General HR round. It went for around 20 minutes. Background song “SODHANAI MEL SODHANAI, PODHUMADA SAAMI..”



March 21,2010. I got a mail from Cognizant saying that I got selected and I had to report on March 31,2010. I told my parents and especially my dad. My dad didnt belive me and checked the mail from cognizant. He came close to me and asked “EPDI DA SELECT AANA? “ I said “ EVALO VATI KETALUM INDHA KELVIKU MATUM ENKITA BADHILE ILA PAA….. “



This was the year in which I learnt how to act as if you are busy.This was the year in which I learnt how to spend time as if you have got no time. This is the year in which I learnt how to search job without searching job really and what not. This is 2009 1/2 year. I dedicate this blog to myself and many guys like me who spent a year full ideally without doing anything special. But, still succeeded in the end.

HAPPY READING !!!! MEET YOU IN NEXT POST !!!!





Comments

  1. Appadiya un lifela travel panna madhiri irundhudhu.. vazhkayil ethanai valigal ada adhil dhan ethanai kuzhigal ada..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey super da.... sema scene story writer aiidalam. Genelia va heroina fix panni oru padam edu da.... obviously u know whom to put as hero!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ela director maari naane hero aagalam nu sola vara... free ah vidu machi... enaku publicity pudikadhu..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Arvind... I enjoyed this post very much... Kann munnadi Aunty, uncle Gayathri ellam vandhu andha dialogue sonna madhiri irunthuchu...:-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English Translation of "Voda Voda " song from Mayakam Enna

Hi guys        Too many Tamil post and my Non-Tamil readers would have really bugged up with my previous posts. Many non-tamil people who hear this song "Voda Voda Voda" from Mayakam Enna is wondering what is the exact meaning of this song. They don't know the meaning but still they enjoy it. Now read this post, know the meaning and sing it along.        I have differentiated the original lyrics of the song in blue color and the meaning of it in the next line in red color. Here we go... Voda voda voda thooram korayala... Running running running distance didn't get reduced... Paada paada  paada paatum mudiyala... Singing singing singing song didn't get over... Poga poga poga onum puriyala, aaga motham onum velangala... Time passing by nothing able to grasp, totally nothing understood... Free ah suthum podhu figure illaye... While roaming freely figure was not there... Pudicha figurum ipa free ah illaye... The figure I liked is not free now.. Kayil bat iruku

செந்தாழம் பூவில் வந்தாடும் தென்றல் (Senthazham poovil vandhaadum thendral) song lyrics and meaning

                I am so astonished by the creativity of Kaviyarasu Kannadasan and the language itself. This is one of my favourite song in the tamil movie called Mullum Malarum. Wonderful movie with extraordinary music composition by famous Isaigyaani Ilayaraja sir.                  I will try giving the exact meaning of this song which portrays how beautiful women are and you can relate to anything which comes to your mind when you read it along. Kannadasan , Ilayaraja and K.J.Yesudas , a combination that shouldn't be missed. Song :   Senthaazham poovil vandhaadum thendral Lyrics : Kannadasan Music : Ilayaraja Singer : K.J.Jesudas செந்தாழம் பூவில் வந்தாடும் தென்றல்  என் மீது மொதுதமா.. (x2) பூ வாசம் மேடை போடுதம்மா  பெண் போல ஜாடை பேசுதம்மா.. அம்மம்மா ஆனந்தம்.. அம்மம்மா ஆனந்தம்.. Senthaazham poovil vandhaadum thendral  En meedhu modhudhamaa.. Poo vaasam medai podudhamaa Penn pola jaadai pesudhamma.. Ammammaa aanandham.. ammammaa aanandham.

Rasaali Song Lyrics and Translation - To my best (Achcham Enbadhu Madamaiyada)

          I have tried my best to translate this awesome composition of A.R.Rahman - Rasaali for the movie அச்சம் என்பது மடமையடா (Acham Enbadhu Madamaiyada) which lazy people tend to call it AEM. Tamil is such a beautiful language, its difficult to get the exact ecstasy until you know the language. Divinity at its best.  Movie is not yet released, but I guess the situation is lead actor and actress is going on a bike ride when they sing this song to express their feelings. Credits to lyricist Thamarai. Song :   Rasaali Lyrics : Thamarai Music : A.R.Rahman Singers : Sathya Prakash, Shashaa Tirupati Male: Parakkum rasaaliye rasaaliye nillu.. Ingu nee vegama naan vegama sollu.. Gadigaaram poi sollum endre naan kanden.. Kizhakellam merkaagida.. kandene.. பறக்கும் இராசாலியே இராசாலியே நில்லு.. இங்கு நீ வேகமா நான் வேகமா சொல்லு.. கடிகாரம் பொய் சொல்லும் என்றே நான் கண்டேன்.. கிழக்கெல்லாம் மேற்காகிட.. கண்டேனே.. Flying falcon, please wait..  (Comparing his girl to a